Sunday, June 19, 2011

For My Father Michael Vigdorchik - Happy Fathers Day




"We rented an apartment right on the edge of the town in the Rue Bonier, a street running off the Avenue d'Orleans not far from the Parc Montsouris. It was a large airy flat, which even had mirrors over the fireplaces – a fixture in all the new houses. There was my mother's room, Maria Ilyinichna's (she had arrived in Paris by this time), our own room and a living room.
 This rather luxurious apartment.." and blah m blah, blah,.. - this is taken from the memoirs of Nadeshda Konstantinovna Krupskaya about Lenin in Paris.
Why am I writing about it? Cuz my mom and dad live in Paris part time and we have a
tradition with my father that is a source of great fun for both of us! Every time I visit them,
we take a walk from our place in 15th all the way to Lenin's house in 14th , stand in front it and
wonder what Vladimir Ylyich's life was like, how he would work in the morning on his philosophy
thesis that he wrote there, have lunch with wife Nadya and run over two doors down to see his
sexy girlfriend Inessa Armand, a fellow revolutionary and a next door neighbour! And after
a quickie there he would get on a bicycle and go for a ride in a nearby Parc Mountsouris..
Needless to say that Dad and I walk to the parc laughing all the way!
So happy Fathers Day to my dear Father and i can't wait to see him and say hello to Lenin again!.

No comments:

Post a Comment