Monday, September 26, 2011

The scent of autumn - Limonov


The scent of autumn on the fields,
of royal British tea. It shields;
I place my hopes and dreams
on this liquid drawn from the streams.

I raise my cup and smile, thinking
I melt misfortune by drinking.
Because I know where bad luck goes.
And on my tracks, it slows.

Original version:

Осении запах и прерии
Чай из Британской империи
Я возлагаю надежды мои
На этого струя

Пью улыбаясь и думаю
Может убью я беду мою
Тем более знаю где и когда
Ко мне привязалась беда

Translated by Timothy Lee Roessler

2 comments:

  1. it sounds way better in engrish than in flench
    thanks wicked bro for the translation

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA HA! Do you mean Brussel Sprouts flench?
    But Merci a lot! , its a great poem in Russian too!
    ps. LOVE that Black Sabbath masterpiece in your blog!
    big bisous to Montreal

    ReplyDelete